Entrepreneurship Development Cell
Overall objective of our Entrepreneurship Development Cell is to assist our students to become entrepreneurs straight out of college. This is proposed to be achieved by developing a vibrant start-up eco-system with the full support of our Faculty, Management and Alumini.
The Business Incubation Centre, located at first floor of admin building, is a space for new age entrepreneurs and young minds to transform their innovative ideas into viable business propositions. The centre will provide free-of-cost working space, and access to computers with internet. Apart from the above, support services like mentoring (through experienced Alumini), legal services, technology and intellectual-property related services will be provided.
Our primary vision is to facilitate a platform for a budding entrepreneurs to start a business venture with minimum risks. Incubation will ensure that incubates have access to technological assistance which will be generated through mentors with multi-disciplinary expertise.
The mission of the Business Incubation Centre is to nurture and empower the next generation entrepreneurs to serve the local problems. The Students, Alumini of Kamaraj College, and local industries can come up with ideas that can lead to viable start-up businesses.
The incubation centre will seek to provide a platform for speedy commercialization of technology and build a vibrant start-up ecosystem by establishing a network between academia, financial institutions and local industries and trading community.
GENERAL INCUBATION CENTRE ACTIVITIES DURING THE ACADEMIC YEAR
- Inauguration & Student Registration. (open for II and III year students only)
- One day entrepreneurship awareness camp, mainly to understand the role of our incubation centre in business start-ups.
- Five day Business Plan preparation camp, mainly to develop new & novel business ideas and convert those ideas to viable business plans.
- Business launching: Giving training to those who have received sanction of loans under various Government schemes.
- Monthly review meeting: to review and address day to day operational issues and also to provide ideas on expanding the business.
Interested Students may contact the respective Office Bearers for enrolment
EDC OFFICE BEARERS
|Name of the Office Bearer
|Dr. B. Ponnuthai
|Dr. R. Karuppasamy