The library has very good collections in the various subjects.
The college library came into existence in the year 1967. At first, the library was in a small room in the main building. In 2004 when the administration block was built, the library is shifted to the first floor of the administrative building. It has a carpet area of about 3500sqft.
The library has very good collections in the various subjects. Our library has a good number of reference books like Encyclopedia Britannica, New English Encyclopedia, Mc Grew Hill Encyclopedia of Science and Technology, Oxford Illustrated Encyclopedia, Encyclopedia of Gardening. The books of Popular Science, Master Plots are very important collections.
- The library provides open Access to staff and students.
- Orientation program is being conducted for the students at the beginning of every academic year.
- Library manager software with Barcode facilitates the circulation of books quickly.
- Journals and magazines are kept in open racks.
- The librarian and two library assistants ensure the use and security of library resources.
- CCTV Camera has been established in the library for security purpose.
- Fire extinguisher has been installed.
- Books/Journals on competitive examinations are made available.
- Bar Coding System has been introduced in the library.
- Book Bank facility is available.
- Students/research scholars from other educational Institutions are allowed on request to use the library.
|Nature of the Library||Open Access Library.|
|Working Hours of the Library||8:30 A.M to 5:00 P.M.|
|Classification Scheme of the Library:||Deway Decimal Classification Scheme.|
|Book Issue System of the Library||Charging System (For Students)|
|Staff Members usage||Ledge System for the staff members.|
|Gate Register||Maintained for both the staff and students|
|Number of Books||41280|
|Number of Journals subscribed||36 (View list)|
|Number of Magazines subscribed||38 (View list)|
|Number of News papers subscribed||7 (View list)|
|Online Research Journal|| National Library and Information Services
|Special Services||Back volumes of question papers are maintained for the benefit of the students and staff.|
Thiru. T. Tamilarasan, M.A., M.L.I.S., M.Phil. College Librarian (SG) .